- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Tyler Perry to Play Scientist Baxter Stockman in ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′
After the success of Gone Girl which starred Ben Affleck and featured Tyler Perry as a smooth talking celebrity defense lawyer, it appears TP, best known for hi Tyler Perry Presents films, is continuing to shed the image that has made him so successful with African-Americans as he is set to join the cast of Paramount and Michael Bay’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, where he will play scientist Baxter Stockman.
Megan Fox and Will Arnett are on board to reprise their roles in the sequel, while Arrow star Stephen Amell was recently cast as Casey Jones. David Green is directing. The plot details and other returning cast members have yet to be confirmed.
In previous iterations of the franchise, Stockman was responsible for the creation of the Mousers, machines meant to seek out and destroy sewer rats. The villainous Shredder learns of this invention and hires Stockman as his own scientist with the intent of using the Mousers to destroy Master Splinter. Michael Bay is producing along with his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. Josh Appelbaum and André Nemec are penning the script. Production is set to start next month.
The “Turtles” franchise is one of Paramount’s top properties following its success last summer, when it earned $191 million domestically.