- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
There’s An Even ‘Dope’r Trailer
If you thought it couldn’t get any better, guess again! The Sundance hit Dope has a new red band trailer. It’s similar to the previous trailer that was released in April, but this time around, there are with details about the problem the film’s three young protagonists find themselves stuck with, and of course far more cursing, which ensures us this won’t be a PG-13 joint.
Dope follows a trio of nerdy South Los Angeles high school students obsessed with the golden age of Hip Hop, who find themselves in trouble with a local drug dealer and forced to unload a huge amount of ecstasy. If they manage to survive, they might finally end up being cool – er, dope. And yes, classic and contemporary rap fills out the soundtrack.
Earlier this year, Dope was the subject of a major bidding war ultimately won by Open Road and Sony with a $7 million minimum and a $15 million P&A deal. Directed and written by Rick Famuyiwa, Shameik Moore stars with Tony Revolori, Kiersey Clemons, A$AP Rocky and Zoe Kravitz. Forest Whitaker produced, Pharrell Williams executive produced and Sean Combs co-executive produced.
It hits theaters June 19. Check out the latest trailer below: