- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Subway Trims The Fat
In expected news, Subway says it “no longer has a relationship” with Jared Fogle as reports emerged Tuesday that he would plea guilty to possession of child pornography. “We no longer have a relationship with Jared and have no further comment,” they stated in a Facebook post. Local Indianapolis station Fox 59 reported that Fogle will accept a plea deal on Wednesday. ABC News also confirmed the news, reporting that a plea deal has been reached.
The details are expected to be announced at a press conference with the U.S. attorney’s office in Indianapolis on Wednesday. The FBI raided Fogle’s home last month as part of a federal investigation, seizing several computers in the process. The raid came less than two months after Russell Taylor, the former executive director of Fogle’s children’s health charity, was arrested on child pornography charges.
Subway suspended its relationship with Fogle, who gained fame by touting his weight loss via the sandwich giant in commercials, in July after charges emerged. “We are shocked about the news and believe it is related to a prior investigation of a former Jared Foundation employee,” Subway said in a statement at the time. “We are very concerned and will be monitoring the situation closely. We don’t have any more details at this point.”