- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Simon Cowell’s La Banda Lives On
American Idol or no American Idol: Simon Cowell-produced singing competitions are continuing elsewhere. Univision has renewed La Banda, the music-based, multi-media competition show developed by Simon Cowell‘s SYCO Entertainment and Haim Saban‘s Saban Brands and co-produced with FremantleMedia Latin America, for a second season.
La Banda 2 will scour the U.S. and Puerto Rico for the ultimate Latina girl super group.
“Music plays a central role in the lives of Hispanics and we are pleased to continue to bring new musical projects to our audience via this exciting new platform,” said Alberto Ciurana, president, Programming and Content, Univision Communications Inc. “We’re thrilled to collaborate once again with Simon Cowell‘s SYCO Entertainment as part of our commitment to entertain and empower Hispanic Americans through the programming they crave.”
“I am absolutely delighted to be announcing Season 2 of La Banda,” said Cowell. “The enthusiasm for this format is already very exciting and most importantly we are seeing some incredibly promising talent. Univision and Saban Brands are brilliant, music-focused, passionate partners and we are all looking forward to next year’s search for a Latina girl group.” La Banda 2 will continue in its Sunday night primetime position on the Univision Network in 2016. Simon Cowell, Kelly Belldegrun and Nigel Hall will executive produce La Banda 2 for SYCO Entertainment and Cisco Suarez will executive produce for Univision.