- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Nicki Minaj Partners With ABC Family
Nicki Minaj constantly proves she has a knack for entertaining audiences on live TV but can the magic translate to scripted programming? Well we might soon find out. According to reports, ABC Family has committed to filming a pilot for a potential comedy series that is based on Nicki Minaj’s upbringing in Queens, New York during the 90s. The network will shoot the first episode in Queens this winter, and intends to continue on to a bigger series order.
“This is one of the more unique adventures I’ve ever embarked on,” the rapper said. “I couldn’t be more proud and excited to team up with an amazing group of people to give the world something really special.” Minaj, who was born in Trinidad and Tobago, moved to New York City as a child with her family, and went on to study acting at Manhattan’s LaGuardia High School.
Kate Angelo, who’s written for Will & Grace and The Bernie Mac Show, is set to pen the untitled project. Nicki, herself will serve as an executive producer, and plans to appear, as well. She most recently completed work for the upcoming Barbershop 3, which will mark her very first leading role in a movie. Are you interested to see how Nicki grew up, and would you tune in to her new ABC Family project?