- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Melody Gardot Unveils A Compelling New Video Preacherman
Internationally acclaimed, platinum-selling, singer, songwriter and musician Melody Gardot has unveiled the compelling new video for her single Preacherman, adding her voice to the current conversation on race relations and the sanctity of every life. The cinematic black and white video, directed by Calum MacDiarmid, is a stirring poetic tribute to the story of Emmett Till, a 14-year-old African American boy who was murdered in Mississippi in 1955 while visiting his grandmother for supposedly flirting with a white woman. The widespread attention that the vicious murder, and subsequent funeral, acquittal and eventual confession, received was a catalyst for the ensuing Civil Rights Movement.
Melody wanted to share her point of view on the connection between Emmett Till and Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner and Michael Brown. Melody will release her new album Currency of Man on June 2 via Verve/Decca. It is a masterful patchwork of jazz, blues and R&B woven together with Melody’s unmistakable voice and her shrewd observations on human relations and social issues.
Watch the video below.