- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Kendrick Lamar Pays Tribute To Biggie
Remembered when Kendrick Lamar stated he was the king of New York? Well this morning K Dot went to the 92.3 studios to chop it up with Big Boy at his new broadcasting hub out west, delving a bit into his newly announced Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City follow-up and more prominently, dropping a hefty freestyles over classic Biggie instrumentals to pay tribute to The Notorious One on the 18th anniversary of his tragic death. Doing so with surgical precision, Kendrick sliced and diced the classic with razor-sharp lyricism and wit, holding up his flame to the legend on a track that was tailor fit for kings of the mic.
The appearance serves double-duty in a way, warming us up for the anxiously anticipated (yet to be named) follow-up to his titanic sophomore record, which will be arriving on March 23rd to ease the anxiety of a wanting mass. Listen as Kendrick Lamar dishes out the goods in a fiery freestyle over a Biggie classic below and be sure to hold tight. I’d say we’re just about due for a new single from the Compton bomber any day now and you know exactly where to find it upon arrival.
Preorder Kendrick’s new record on iTunes today.