- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Female “21 Jump Street” Spinoff in the Works
Throw some D’s on it! Sony Pictures has started developing a female-driven spinoff of its 21 Jump Street franchise with Broad City writers Lucia Aniello and Paul Downs. The studio declined to comment on the comedy project, based on the Fox series that aired between 1987 and 1991 and starred Johnny Depp and Peter DeLuise as undercover cops.
Sony Pictures began work last year on 23 Jump Street, selecting Rodney Rothman to script the third version of the Channing Tatum–Jonah Hill franchise. The directing team of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who helmed 21 Jump Street and 22 Jump Street, are overseeing development of the script and will produce the third film with Neal Moritz, Hill and Tatum. 22 Jump Street grossed $320 million worldwide. Sony is going into production in June on a female version of Ghostbusters starring Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy. Paul Feig is directing.