- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
Drake’s OVO Sound Receives Ontario Music Fund Grant
While Drake‘s OVO Fest might not have received government funding this year, after Canada’s tax payers were dismayed to find that they had funded the 2014 event, but the rapper’s record label OVO Sound branch will be. The Ontario Music Fund has bestowed a grant to OVO Sound worth $45,000. Other recipients include the Canadian electronic outfit A Tribe Called Red, who was awarded $38,000.
While those figures seem steep, many of the other applicants ended up receiving upward of $100,000. Drake has yet to announce his plans for the grant money but he’s currently busy at the moment with his second Houston Appreciation Weekend, a four-day festival beginning today, May 21. For the event, he’ll be bringing out a handful of artists including Future, Boosie Badazz and Fetty Wap. The festival will also include a Bun B tribute concert, a pool party and a celebritysoftball game—because Drake’s love of sports is well documented. You can buy tickets for the softball game here.