Caitlyn Jenner Escapes Manslaughter Charges

By on September 30, 2015

Caitlyn Jenner will not face charges in the fatal auto accident she was involved in back in February. The L.A. County District Attorney stated they “cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt” that Jenner’s “conduct was unreasonable,” according to court papers. Jenner’s attorney, Blair Berk, says their team is “heartened the District Attorney has agreed that even a misdemeanor charge would be inappropriate. A traffic accident, however devastating and heartbreaking when a life is lost, is not necessarily a criminal matter.”

The former Olympian and reality star was facing manslaughter charges following the emergence of new evidence related to the fatal Malibu car crash she reportedly caused that took place earlier this year. According to a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, Nicole Nishida, said that evidence revealed that Jenner’s driving was “unsafe for the prevailing road conditions,” at the time.

Jenner rear-ended 69-year-old driver Kim Howe’s Lexus, causing the car to veer into oncoming traffic. Howe was then hit by a Hummer, which resulted in her death. A day after the fatal crash took place, Jenner released a statement expressing her remorse and extending her sympathies to Howe’s family. The statement read, “My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident. It is a devastating tragedy and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible.”

At the time of the accident, Jenner fully cooperated with officials and agreed to take a sobriety test following the accident. Sheriff’s Sgt. Philip Brooks said, “[She] did not appear intoxicated or under the influence of anything at the time.”

About Cre8tiveSHFT

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *