- Last of the Cocaine Cowboys Finally Arrested
- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
And The First Lady Of The Free World Is…
Is this a sign of things to come? Sela Ward will play the president of the United States in Roland Emmerich’s Independence Day 2. Vivica A. Fox, Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth, Jessie Usher, Maika Monroe and Charlotte Gainsbourg have also been cast in the sequel, which 20th Century Fox has dated for June 24, 2016 — nearly 20 years after the original was released. Bill Pullman, who played President Thomas J. Whitmore in the original, is returning for the sequel.
Dean Devlin, who produced the original film, is producing with Roland Emmerich and Harald Kloser. Ute Emmerich is the executive producer. The screenplay was written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin and James Vanderbilt, James A.Woods & Nicolas Wright. While this isn’t the first Hollywood tabbed a woman as the president of the United States, it’s quite notable because of Hillary Clinton‘s recent campaign run. Ward was last seen in CSI: NY and Gone Girl.