- O.J. Simon: Made In America Review
- Suicide Squad & It’s Hardcore PG-13 Rating
- What’s Going On With The Playboy Mansion?
- Sacha Baron Cohen Jumps Into The Superhero Scene
- Woman Can’t Take A Joke, Sues Ellen DeGeneres
- Warcraft Begins Its Quest To Break Chinese Box Office Records
- Descendents Announce 1st Album in 12 Years W/ New Song
- TMNT: Out of the Shadows – Let’s Just Say, The Kids Will Enjoy
- Revolutionizing Licking Your Cat
- New Technology Turns Your Arm Into A TouchPad For Your Smartwatch
Adrian Peterson Set To Be A No Show
Minnesota Viking running back Adrian Peterson won’t be at the organized team activities when they begin Tuesday. Peterson will remain at his home in Texas and the source couldn’t say for sure if Peterson will attend any of the team’s three OTA sessions but doesn’t expect he will. The All-Pro rusher, who missed 15 games last season because of a child-abuse incident, has been disgruntled because he hasn’t believed some in the Minnesota organization did enough to get him back on the field last fall. But despite the lack of support, the Vikings have said they won’t be trading Peterson, who has three years left on his contract.
Peterson hasn’t been with the Vikings during all of spring workouts, however the start of OTAs is significant because Peterson has a $250k workout bonus that he won’t get unless he takes part in 90 percent of OTAs and minicamps. The Vikings also have OTAs June 2-4 and June 8-11 and a mandatory minicamp June 16-18. Last year he participated in OTAs and minicamps and he also has three years and $44.25 million left on his Vikings contract, including being on the books for $12.75 million in 2015. However, none of it is guaranteed.
The Vikings can fine Peterson up to $73k for missing next month’s mandatory minicamp. Throw in a possible loss of the $250k workout bonus, that means the most Peterson could lose during the spring is $323k. However, a source said the Vikings don’t have to fine Peterson for missing the mandatory minicamp. It would be their option. Training camp will start for the Vikings the final weekend of July. Their first preseason game is Aug. 9 against Pittsburgh in the Hall of Fame Game in Canton, Ohio. Will AD still be in purple and gold then?